Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Project 8 - Mix Tapes

"Cello Suite No. 1 in G" by J.S. Bach

"Sad Sad City" by Ghostland Observatory

"E.S.P." by The Miles Davis Quartet

"Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots Part 1 " by The Flaming Lips



For this assignment, the teacher gave us a list of 4 songs - (listed above) - and we had to listen to them and create non-literal imagery for it. (Thinking of symbols that come to mind through the lyrics or the "mood" of the song) 

For the first song (Bach) - I drew a violin using "Baroque" floral pattern forming the violin which reminded me of that time period. 

For the second song (Ghostland Observatory) - I drew a sad dark city in the background, while the ghost figures are trying to stick together.

For the third song (Miles Davis) - The song didn't have any lyrics, just a lot of upbeat trumpet playing. So I drew a couple swing-dancing using bright colors.

For the fourth song (The Flaming Lips) - This song was about a girl Yoshimi who had a black belt in karate trying to not let the robots take over the town. Still confused of what this song is really about.. But I tried my best and drew an illustration expressing it to the best of my ability.

No comments:

Post a Comment